If it’s not National Donut Day, it should be 😋😋🙌🏻🙌🏻. These donuts are amazing for the sugar cravings even though they are free of sugar and low carb.
Created by Gibelly Hernandez in Tampa, Florida who is a healthy recipe developer, this donut recipe is one of the many sugar free and low carb substitutes she shares on her Instagram feed. If you’re also interested in keto recipe ideas, Gibelly’s are sure to inspire.
Donuts Glazed with Coconut Butter Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 oz of softened cream cheese
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of stevia for baking
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoon of coconut butter
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F and grease the donut pan.
- In a bowl, add all dry ingredients (almond flour, stevia, baking powder, baking soda, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). Mix well with a spoon. Set aside
- In a separate bowl add wet ingredients (Eggs, egg whites, coconut oil, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and coconut milk)
- Using an electric mixer, mix well until foamy.
- In the same bowl of wet ingredients, add dry ingredients slowly while mixing with the electric mixer. Gradually add all the mix until it’s all dissolved. Continue mixing until a homogenous batter is obtained.
- In pre-greased 6-Donut pan, split the batter evenly in six. Make sure you allow at least ½ inch in each donut mold as the donuts will rise.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes.
- Remove donuts from the oven. Check for readiness by piercing a toothpick in one of the donuts. If it comes out clear, the donuts are ready. If there is batter in the tooth pick insert donuts again for another 3-4 minutes, and repeat the process until they are ready.
- Once ready top donuts with coconut butter.
More Posts You May Like
- Brown Rice Salad with Spice-Roasted Carrots, Feta + Pine Nuts
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Salad with Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
- Vegan Jaffa Bliss Balls Recipe